Gunmetal Metallic Gray Car Paint Kit Features:
- Our Gunmetal Metallic Gray Car Paint Kit is a high quality base coat, clear coat, and two-stage refinishing auto paint that exceeds OEM standards.
- These are our highest quality finishes, providing superior gloss and long-lasting durability, color, and gloss.
- Our urethane two-stage basecoats are easy to apply.
- State-of-the-art, 2.8 VOC formulation providing excellent protection against UV ray, solvents, chemicals, gasoline, fading, chipping, abrasions and scratches.
- The clear coat provided with this Urethane Basecoat Clearcoat Gray Car Paint Kit is Paintforcars Starfire Supreme Urethane Clear Coat #2657. It is a medium solids clearcoat that is easy to spray providing excellent flowout, gloss, and DOI. 2657 can be used for partial or complete paint jobs in need of a high quality, durable finish. This is compatible with any basecoat.
Trinity 1945 Inc
Starfire Urethane Basecoat Technical Information Guide
Paint For Car’s Starfire Urethane Basecoat Gray Car Paint Kit is an easy-to-use two stage paint system.
- Starfire Urethane Basecoat gray car paints can be applied over properly prepared OEM finishes or previously painted surfaces (enamel, urethane, and lacquer).
- Fiberglass, plastics, body work, and bare metal may need to be used with primer.
- 3 Parts Paint
- 1 Part Reducer
- Temperature – 65-80 degrees
- Humidity – Less than 50%
- Unmixed paint – if properly covered will maintain indefinite pot life.
- Mixed paint – estimated 4-6 hours uncovered
Prior to sanding, wash first with soap and water. We also recommend using wax and grease remover. Sand areas and apply primers as needed. Read directions for the primer used before applying top coat. Wait 24 hours before painting.
Starfire Urethane Basecoat can be sprayed with most spray gun setups.
- Start: To start, you should apply 2-3 even medium wet costs 6-10” from vehicle. Flash time between coats is 15-20 minutes depending on shop conditions.
- Dust coat: A final “Dust Coat” may be needed to even out any metallic.
- Clear coat: A clear coat should be applied within 45-60min after the final color coat. Refer to clear coat tech sheet for flash and dry times.
Dry times are based on average shop conditions and film thickness achieved.
- Dust Free: 30 Min
- To Clear: 45-60 Min
- Tack Free: 4-6 hours
- Sandable: 24 hours
- Fully cured: 7-10 days
- Buff and Polish: 7-10 days
- Wax: 60 days
- VOC: 3.5lbs/Gal max
- Theoretical Coverage: 300sqft/Gal
- Weight Solids: 39% avg.
- Volume Solids: 31.8 avg.
- Recommended Film Thickness: 1.0-2.0 mil
- Shelf Life: 12 months
There are no reviews yet.